Message boards : News : Detectors releasing - how we doing it?
Because I get loads of PM's and emails with same question than I feel that I should explain some details.
1. We ship detectors in batches. We (as people involved in project) can't afford costs of hundreds detectors and for this reason we collect orders on this way.
2. We cannot make "few" detectors - parts prices are really depend on quantity ordered. One detector cost is about 27 Euro in batch order, single one maybe cost 50-70 Euro - I don't really know, because big part in single detector order will be... parcel prices (we have 6 suppliers for parts) and preparing PCB.
3. We not make any profit on detectors or project itself and we can't supply more money on project then server cost and developing new prototypes, etc.
4. Every batch order is announced firstly on our web site, usually few weeks before we start collecting money.
5. We can't give you real price for detector on next release for two reasons:
a) Euro cost are various - change to often to say what happened in next two months period
b) we would like to put different power module on next batch (not dependent on our, custom transformer) - this can or maybe not impact on price, we don't know yet.
|ID: 729 | Rating: 0 | rate: / Reply Quote|
|ID: 731 | Rating: 0 | rate: / Reply Quote|
Detektorversand - Wie machen wir das?
|ID: 734 | Rating: 0 | rate: / Reply Quote|
Traduzione italiana anche qui archivio news oppure sul thread dedicato nel forum di BOINC.Italy
|ID: 741 | Rating: 0 | rate: / Reply Quote|
Message boards :
Detectors releasing - how we doing it?